The museum is located behind Congleton Town Hall and opposite the police station.
- Tuesday – Friday: 10.30am – 4.15pm
- Saturday: 10.30am –4.15pm
- Sunday: 12.00pm – 4.15pm
- Bank Holidays: Contact Museum
Last admission: 3.45 pm
Admission is free but donations are welcomed.
Group Visits of 6 or more by appointment only at a charge of £3.50 per head for activities.
Congleton Museum, Market Square, CW12 1ET
Follow the brown museum signs and those for Congleton Town Centre from all main roads A534, A34 and A54
There are a few parking spaces outside, including one disabled space. Ample low cost parking is available in the Town Centre from 50p per hour to £1.00 for 2 and 4 hours. The nearest car park is the Fairground in Market Street, opposite Morrisons supermarket, about two minutes walk.
To find out which one is best for you, go to Cheshire East Council’s car park information. It is usually reasonably easy to drop people off outside the museum.
The nearest station is Congleton (20 minutes walk from the museum)
- Northern Rail
Bus Service No 42 runs hourly to and from the station.
- No 38 Crewe to Macclesfield (Hourly service)
- No 94 Congleton to Newcastle under Lyme (Hourly service)
- No 42 Crewe – Middlewich – Congleton (Hourly service)
Congleton Bus Station is within 3 minutes walk of the Museum
- Bridge 75 High Town Bridge
- 76 Morris Bridge
- Adjacent to Dog Lane/Canal Street Aqueduct
Congleton Town Centre is a 20 minute walk down Canal Street.