Druggists, later known as chemists, have been a constant feature of many a town’s high streets. Congleton was no exception. The author takes a street by street examination of the various chemists which operated in the town during the 19th and 20th centuries. This booklet deals with those chemists located in the Lawton Street and Moor Street area of the town and includes the careers of John Bracegirdle 1811-1878, John Forde 1823-1899, John Albert Ford 1847-1907, John Ford 1879-1943, Alfred Heath 1846-1924, Samuel Cotterill 1847-1908 and William McLennan 1904-1968.
Author: Ray Rowe
Booklet size: A5