Photograph Archive

The museum has an extensive photograph archive containing images of Congleton through time. Our archive contains images of landmarks, buildings, people, carnivals and festivals, and so much more.

Congleton Carnival 1978.
Bridge Street in 1911, celebrating the coronation of George V.
The Lawton Street Premier Cinema opened in 1912, and had a 22 feet wide proscenium. It was operated by the J.F. Emery Circuit in 1932 and 1933 and was given a makeover by Manchester based architectural firm Cruickshank & Seward. The cinema closed in the 1960s until it was eventually demolished.
Dutch Soldiers, November 1942.
Co-op grocery shop in Buglawton, 1879.
Congleton Town Hall and Assembly Rooms.
Congleton Museum being built.