A history of a late Georgian mansion house set in a small rural estate including a water powered silk mill and workers cottages. Brief biographical details are provided for some its the owners, such as eye surgeon David Little and pottery owner Anthony Shaw. Details are also provided on its use as a soldiers’ billet in both world wars, housing Dutch military officers between 1941-42, its demolition in the late 1950s and the development of the site for industry.
Author: Lyndon Murgatroyd
Booklet size: A5